Store Return & Refund Policies
General Return Policy
We accept exchanges on most clothing, gifts, scrubs, supply items within 30 calendar days of the purchase or delivery date. Items must be returned in their original condition along with any tags and receipt of purchase. For return policy on other specific merchandise, please review the following:
- Full refunds on Textbooks will be issued within 10 days of the first day of each traditional 15-week semester (Fall and Spring).
- Otherwise, textbook refunds will be issued within two days of purchase.
- Class Notes and special orders are non-refundable.
- Digital books once activated are non-refundable.
- Full refunds will be given within 7 days of purchase. Special orders and books purchased at events are non-refundable.
- Abandoned Pick-Up Orders
- Graduation Regalia
- Regalia (unopened or opened) can be exchanged for the correct size or if defective before Graduation date.
- Items such as stethoscopes, custom name tags, and other medical items like this are considered non-refundable.
- All sales are final.
- Unopened/Defective calculators maybe exchanged within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase and with the original sales receipt.
- All Technology Department returns must be approved and processed at the Technology Service Center (TSC) counter on the lower level of the Main Bookstore. If approved, you have 14 calendar days from the date of purchase to receive a refund. A 15% restocking fee will apply on all opened returned items.
- Returned within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase under the following conditions. All returns must be inspected by TSC staff prior to a refund being issued.
- All returns must be accompanied by the original sales receipt.
- UNOPENED stock hardware and software in resalable condition can be returned within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase for a full refund.
- Most opened hardware can be returned within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase provided it is undamaged, must include all packaging materials, and is in resalable condition. A 15% restocking fee will apply on all opened returned items.
- Software/Licenses/Codes CANNOT be returned for a refund. May be exchanged for the same title within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase if found to be damaged or defective.
- Discontinued, clearance or on sale hardware and software CANNOT be returned or exchanged.
- No Refunds on service parts/labor/Ink/Toner/Batteries.
- All sales are FINAL unless the item is in the original, unopened packaging.
- Defective earbuds, adapters, and other peripherals, can be exchanged provided the defect can be replicated at the time of exchange within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase and with the original sales receipt.
In-Store & Online Returns
Online Order Pickup
- We'll hold items at the store for 7 days, within those 7 days you will receive 1 email reminder.
- Ordered items not picked up within 7 days of the charged date will be considered abandoned. Abandoned products will be made available for resale and all original charges are non-refundable.
- Within 30 calendar days of the purchase and/or delivery date.
- Items must be returned in their original condition along with any original tags and receipt of purchase.
In-Store Return Location Options
- Flagship SUMC BookStores: The Textbook counter on the 1st floor.
- Health Sciences (Medical) BookStores: Located on the 1st floor inside the College of Medicine Building.
- Once your order is processed, you'll receive an email confirmation from us that it's ready to pick up. Have your order number and ID ready when picking up your order
- All approved returns from online orders receive a *free return label! Approved returns must use the provided return label.
- Refund deadlines listed above under product categories apply to online orders.
- To receive a return request, please visit the purchase history tab under your account OR contact us.
- *Oversized items (shipments weighing 25lbs. or more) are not eligible for a free return label. Any associated return shipping costs will be deducted from the refund amount for these items. All returns with a receipt will be issued back to the original payment method.